8141Yahoo Groups (was: Why Apple's Recent Security Flaw Is So Scary)

    Mar 3, 2014
      (BTW, is it just me, or is this new Y!Groups interface getting *worse* over time? :-P )

      It's miserable. Depending on your OS, about half the site doesn't work (I'm on 10.6 and 10.4, having better luck with 10.6). Every time they fix something, something else seems to become "enhanced", so it no longer works.

      But like eBay, it's the only game in town, so they can do what they want. There's Google Groups but, as far as I can see, it hosts messages but not files or links, both of which are critical to the support mission of this group.

      The good news is that for messages, Yahoo Groups works just fine in email. You can subscribe to individual posts or to the daily digest, and respond to posts by email. The daily digest is especially convenient.