8121Re: [wpmac] computer upgrade

  • Gilbert, Geoff
    Feb 5, 2014
      Ed
      I was not using the term technically. I was referring to the means by which a file in the OSX part of the computer (as opposed to on the Sheepshaver disk) can be double clicked and the file opens in WPMac as if WPMac were just an ordinary OSX application. It is so automatic for me that I have forgotten how that happens. Other things I was thinking about were the means by which you can click on a URL and launch Safari (although I have never tried it) and look up words in dictionaries. “Plug-in" was loose language, but I could not remember if these were droplets or scripts or something else.
      Geoff
      ------------------
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law
      School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      University of Essex
      Wivenhoe Park
      Colchester
      CO4 3SQ
      Tel +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax +44 (0)1206 873428
      geoff@...<mailto:geoff@...>

      On 6 Feb 2014, at 04:17, <em315@...<mailto:em315@...>> <em315@...<mailto:em315@...>> wrote:

      Geoff,

      What do you mean by "given some of the plug-ins"? There are no plug-ins in my WPMacApp system, and, as far as I can remember, none in John's SheepShaver-WP system. What are you referring to?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic