8113Re: [wpmac] computer upgrade

  • Gilbert, Geoff
    Feb 4, 2014
      Michael
      I am assuming that the MBP will be running an OS without Classic. As such, you will need either John’s or Ed’s install of Sheepshaver. Either is fine and up to you which you prefer. Double click and follow the instructions. After that, given some of the plug-ins, you can click on a WP file and it will launch SheepShaver and then WP. You can print directly to the OSX printer. The only pain is cut and paste between WordOSX and WPShSh - you have to use plain text.
      Geoff
      ------------------
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law
      School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      University of Essex
      Wivenhoe Park
      Colchester
      CO4 3SQ
      Tel +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax +44 (0)1206 873428
      geoff@...

      On 4 Feb 2014, at 15:44, Michael Luskin <michael.benjamin.luskin@...> wrote:

      > i am very happy to say that I never have to post to this list, because
      > my WP under classic is so solid.
      >
      > One of the reasons i bought my SE back in 1989 was that it was so easy
      > to use, and I still like that. I don't want to know anything about
      > how this machine works. However the underlying machine is pretty
      > complex. However the time has come for me to replace this 733 mhz G4,
      > running 10.4. I am probably going to take my son's MacBook Pro. The
      > reason is that my browser is complaining more and more, so I have to
      > do it. What do I need to read in order to move my WP to a new
      > machine? Is it possible for someone who doesn't know a partition from
      > a start up disk, and does not want to, to install WP onto the new
      > machine, or is this the time to grumble and start to use Word full
      > time?

      > Yahoo Groups Links

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic