8062Re: {Disarmed} Re: [wpmac] RE: Re: Posts or ads?

    Nov 14, 2013
      So you don't get to see our Queen's Award for the promotion of international human rights for over 30 years ....
      --
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law

      Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
      Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

      15 November 2013 04:36
      In a message dated 2013-1114 17:58 -0500, em315@yahoo.com wrote:

      The answer [to {Disarmed}] seems to be here:
      http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071119234815AAlCwmg

      Ah, nice catch, Ed:

      ... displayed when possibly malicious HTML tags/code/scripts/etc. have
      been disabled or "disarmed" in the email message.

      So... Yahoo unhappy with Geoff's sig?! (Except for the image source
      [cid:part1.00010703.09010309@essex.ac.uk], nothing else in the message
      source seems even mildly suspicious.)  Well, that is a little fillip to keep
      in the back of my Yahoo-awareness. Thanks for noticing and mentioning it.

      John K

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          wordperfectmac-digest@yahoogroups.com
          wordperfectmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      .

      14 November 2013 22:58

      The answer seems to be here:

      http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071119234815AAlCwmg

      ---In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, <Geoff@essex.ac.uk> wrote:

      John
      Since nothing else I send to the forum ends up with that, my guess is that this is not an Essex thing, but something at yahoo a bit like the [wpmac] in the subject line.
      Geof
      --
      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law
      Head of the School of Law
      School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      University of Essex
      Wivenhoe Park
      Colchester
      CO4 3SQ

      Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
      Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

      14 November 2013 22:32
      John
      Since nothing else I send to the forum ends up with that, my guess is that this is not an Essex thing, but something at yahoo a bit like the [wpmac] in the subject line.
      Geof

      14 November 2013 22:02
    Hi Geoff,

    Did you get any idea from your university IT people (who presumably manage
    Postbox) how/why {Disarmed} was inserted?

    [I know it's not a WPMac problem, but it is a probably-instructive curiosity.]

    John K

    <*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)

    <*> To change settings via email:
    wordperfectmac-digest@yahoogroups.com
    wordperfectmac-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    .

    13 November 2013 20:04
    John
    No idea. It did not leave me like that??