8043RE: Re: [wpmac] Digest Number 1815

    Oct 26, 2013

      As you say, the currently-posted version of the WPMacApp won't go to full-screen under Mavericks. I've revised it for Mavericks, but I still have a few obscure things to work out before I post it publicly (for example, I still have to work out the feature that looks up words in the OS X thesaurus). As I said in an earlier message, if anyone wants to try the Mavericks-compatible version, please get in touch at:

      emendelson -at- mac -dot- com

      ---In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, <wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      On 10/26/13, 2:35 AM, wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "darylngee" darylngee

      I use Ed's program. After updating to Mavericks, nothing opens, not SS or WP. I'm about to try re-loading Ed's or John's. I'll let you know what works.

      I also posted my note in the WPMac FB forum.  John pointed me to this link:

      http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5914?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

      The jist is that under Mavericks each app trying to use "assistive devices", which includes GUI programming, needs to be explicitly authorized to do so.  The main point (for me) of Ed's script is that it repositions/sizes the SS window and I guess that uses those features.  Unfortunately, even though I did what I think was the right thing to authorize them, it still didn't work.  The script goes into an infinite loop, I think waiting for SS to startup, which it it may or may not -- with the "SS crashed unexpectedly.  Ignore, quit or retry?" ( or something like that.)  But if I start up SS directly it and WP etc. work just fine.  I haven't had time to track the problem down any further.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic