8042Re: [wpmac] Digest Number 1815

  • Ted Lee
    Oct 26, 2013
      On 10/26/13, 2:35 AM, wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:31 am (PDT) . Posted by:

      "darylngee" darylngee

      I use Ed's program. After updating to Mavericks, nothing opens, not SS or WP. I'm about to try re-loading Ed's or John's. I'll let you know what works.

      I also posted my note in the WPMac FB forum.  John pointed me to this link:

      http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5914?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

      The jist is that under Mavericks each app trying to use "assistive devices", which includes GUI programming, needs to be explicitly authorized to do so.  The main point (for me) of Ed's script is that it repositions/sizes the SS window and I guess that uses those features.  Unfortunately, even though I did what I think was the right thing to authorize them, it still didn't work.  The script goes into an infinite loop, I think waiting for SS to startup, which it it may or may not -- with the "SS crashed unexpectedly.  Ignore, quit or retry?" ( or something like that.)  But if I start up SS directly it and WP etc. work just fine.  I haven't had time to track the problem down any further.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic