8036RE: [OT[ TenFourFox browser

  • jrethorst
    Oct 24, 2013

      Your email said you had gotten an email from Yahoo saying I had posted three links. I haven't gotten these, maybe because I post most of the links, or Yahoo's new and improved groups and email now includes this addition. IAC the third link would have been to Perian, a prefpane that lets you play a large number of video formats with Quicktime. MacTubes uses this to play e.g. Youtube videos in Quicktime, resulting in a much smoother video stream. To use MacTubes, just enter search terms for Youtube in the entry field at the top right. Or if you already have a URL, press command-O in MacTubes to get an entry field for that. Nice stuff, and all of this is free.

      John R.

      ---In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, <johnrethorst@...> wrote:

      A "FWIW": My trusty PB G4/7450 w/ OS 10.4.11--used for web
      surfing and keeping OS 9 alive--has new life now with the
      TenFourFox v.24b1 browser. News sites--especially ones
      loaded up with MBs of photos and banners, etc, like
      Huffpo--actually load and display now within a reasonable
      period of time! No more dial up type waits or blank pages or
      broken video. (v. 17.0.9 did not work, BTW, v.24 is the
      latest and so far flawless.)

      Glad to hear it. I'm on v. 17 myself -- runs fine. I imagine 24 is faster.

      I've been having the same issues lately with my PB G4 OS
      10.4.11. Glad to hear it isn't just me! Thank you for the
      info, but what is the "third link" beyond "TenFourFox" and
      "MacTubes?"

      Not sure what you mean. What's the name of the third link?

      John

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic