7995Re: [wpmac] Translator 1.2

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Sep 5, 2013
      At 21:15 -0700 03.09.2013, John Rethorst wrote:

      >WP Translator 1.2 combines the interfaces of versions 1.0 and 1.1,
      >for an elegant and easy tool to translate text in a WP document from
      >and to any of 72 languages.
      >It only saves a few keystrokes and a little time, compared to
      >manually operating Google Translate, but that can add up.
      >I wrote this utility especially since machine translation, long a
      >joke, has recently become much better. Translations are not only more
      >accurate but reflect nuances of natural language. It's nice to have
      >immediate and easy access to the best computer translation from a WP
      >This version also supports both SheepShaver packages here: WPMacApp
      >as well as SheepShaver-WP.
      >Free in the Files section, as "Translator 1.2.sit".

      Hello, Jon.

      Thank you for making the Translator available. I have downloaded the
      Translator, and I have installed it in the Scripting Additions
      sub-folder of the Extensions folder in the System folder of my
      SheepShaver volume. Jon's Commands is installed in the same folder.

      When I attempt to launch the translator, the virtual machine
      generates the following error message:

      [Icon of stop sign with raised hand in the center] Could not read
      the file because the script is not editable (it was saved as

      [ OK ]

      I would appreciate any guidance that you might have.

      John Joseph McVeigh
      Butler, Maryland, USA
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic