7988Re: WordPerfect documents are garbled

    Aug 30, 2013
      Thanks for coming back. Yes, please respond here. We're asking exactly what program created the file that you supplied: WordPerfect for the Macintosh, WordPerfect for Windows, etc. - and whether you were working on a Mac or in Windows or something else when you created them. Thanks!

 â€" Susan --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, johnrethorst@ wrote: We haven't heard again from the OP, and it would be helpful to know where this file came from. IAC I'm grateful for the technical expertise that has offered assistance. Without corporate support any more, our user group can explain how to use a program command or the like; the other kind of support, dealing with file corruption, can be more difficult. But we do it. Thanks to everyone.

      > John R.
      >

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com , "em315" em315@ wrote:
      > >
      > > You're right! Live and learn...
      > >
      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com , Robert J Slover <robert.j.slover@> wrote:
      > > >.
      > > >
      > > > I think you ran the base64 utility with all defaults, which *encodes* - which is why you end up with a 7-bit ASCII character sequence. The '-D' option is necessary to decode. Here's what I did, and a hex dump of the start of the resulting binary file:

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic