7976Re: WordPerfect documents are garbled

    Aug 21, 2013
      Just uploaded to Temporary_Items. Ed, good point -- although Susan says she is on a Mac Mini, OS 10.8.4, I forgot to ask whether this is a WP Mac file, or a Windows version document created using Boot Camp or similar.

      The file doesn't have WP Mac creator or type metadata, although that can be lost in email. Opening it in WP Mac, it's completely garbled.

      > We also need to know what program you are using to open these files with the result that they look garbled - in other words, they look garbled when you do what with them? (Double-click them in OS X, or something else?.
      >
      > And we need to know what machine and program you used to create them. (Did you create them on a Mac using WordPerfect for the Mac, or did you create them in Windows using WordPerfect for Windows, or did you do something else entirely?)

      > > Send one to me, by reply to this email, and I'll upload it to Temporary_Items in the Files section here.
      > >
      > > We'll need to know what machine you're on and what OS version.
      > >
      > > John R.
      > >

      > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "fostersusan13" <Anon88888@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > My WordPerfect documents are garbled. Can I upload one as a sample, so I can be directed as to what I need to do in order to open and/or convert them?
      > > >
      > > > Thank you!
      > > >
      > > > — Susan Swartz

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic