7915Re: [ANN:] WPMacApp revised again

    Aug 1, 2013
      Thanks for the good words, but, as I keep saying, the whole idea of the WPMacApp is lifted from your SS-WP system and makes shameless use of code by you and Smokey Ardisson. I would be very happy if you took over as much of it as you might find useful.

      I'll try the Translator again - where exactly (in the SS file system and the OS X file system) does it write its output files? It's possible that it finds the right folder on your system because you have both systems installed, but not on mine where I've been experimenting with having only one system going at a time.

      Will rename the WP UltraClip folder in preparation for your new version.

      More later when I get a chance to experiment.

      > I'll bet a lot of people use WPMacApp. It's a thoroughly comprehensive and professional design, and more advanced in several ways than my install.
      >
      > I've just downloaded the latest update to WPMacApp and tested Translator 1.1 -- works fine here. I also tested a forthcoming update to UltraClip, which I'll probably release next week. Works fine too, but it needs a folder named "WP UltraClip" in the folder containing the WP application, while an existing folder in that location in WPMacApp has the word "folder" appended, so UltraClip makes another folder -- small point. I also tested a beta to a utility I'm developing that recovers corrupted files, and that works as well.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic