7904Re: [wpmac] WordPerfect backwards compatibility

    Jul 27, 2013
      Absolutely correct. WP for Mac tends to crash when trying to import modern WPWin files that have anything more than the simplest possible formatting. And even if WPMac does import the file without crashing (after a very slow process of converting the file), it tends to distort the original formatting. It's completely unsuitable for this purpose.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Chris Harshman <harshman@...> wrote:
      > WP for Mac (v3.5, circa the late 90s) is *not* fully compatible with WP for Windows files (likewise, WP for Next and WP for the Apple IIgs... I've used em all). The OP wanted a WP solution that would work well with modern WP files, which WP for Mac will not do ( not even the relatively simple but still rigidly formatted WPD forms put out by the Central District of California)...)
      > On Friday, July 26, 2013, Rick Albright wrote:
      > > **
      > >

      > > I find it more than a little ironic that, on this list that is devoted to WordPerfect for the Mac (which is a superb product), I have just read some 18 messages all recommending running WordPerfect for Windows under various software products. [....]
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic