7893[wpmac] Re: WordPerfect backwards compatibility

    Jul 26, 2013
      If your Windows 7 disk came with your computer, then it may not install Windows in anything except your original computer, and you may need to buy a separate copy of Windows 7. The only way to tell is to try it.

      Having reviewed Parallels and VMware Fusion for PCMag.com over the years, I strongly recommend Fusion, which (in my experience, at least) is far more stable. Someone is sure to post a message with a link pointing to some study or other that shows that Parallels is ten percent faster at some test that has nothing to do with real-world performance; you may safely ignore it. The two programs are functionally very similar, but VMware Fusion is less intrusive on the screen. Whenever I try it out, I always end up removing it after a day or two. But ultimately, there isn't any serious difference, and you'll be able to work with either one.

      The advantage of both programs is that you can set them up (it's easy) to open WordPerfect for Windows so that it opens in its own window on the OS X desktop - without seeing the Windows desktop in the background. WordPerfect can use the same Documents folder that you use on the Mac.

      The whole procedure is surprisingly easy. If you have questions about WordPerfect itself, not the OS X environment, the best place to ask is in the forums at http://wpuniverse.com