7788Re: Deleting SS prefs file (Mountain Lion)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Apr 18, 2013
      I think I figured out what happened. I'm running my experiments on SS in a separate account. So I could easily get at files in that account from my main account I made sure the home directory there was readable by everyone and then propagated those rights to everything in the account. Unfortunately I didn't realize that the "everyone deny delete" permission was attached to the home directory (ACL's don't show up in the Finder) and so that was propagated to everything!

      > I don't know what's going on. I know for sure that the prefs and nvram files yesterday had "everyone deny delete" permissions, as did (do) most of the rest of the top level directories in the home directory. I had to do the chmod -a thing so I could delete them. I reinstalled SheepShaver and I now just checked -- the prefs and nvram files are there with no unusual permissions!
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic