7782Re: Partial success (printing now works, startup script doesn't)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Apr 17, 2013

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@> wrote:
      >

      > When you run SheepShaver itself, by double-clicking on the app icon, does the SS screen come up?

      Yes -- the SS splash screen (steering wheel) comes up, disk first aid, and then wp starts. No problem.

      > > As best I can tell, the main purpose
      > of the startup script is to reposition the SS window to essentially full screen,
      >
      > It just moves the window to cover up the space left by the now-disabled OSX menu bar. But the startup app will do much more in a forthcoming update, which I hope to release in a few days or a week.
      >
      > > I replaced the printer folder action script from SS-WP 1.4.2 with the one from
      > 1.2.5 (which was working on the Mac Mini) and printing now works under Mountain Lion.
      >
      > I'm sorry to say I no longer have a copy of 1.2.5. Could you send me that script? I'd like to track this down.

      Yes, I'll do that.

      > > OK -- Google is your friend. I did a search . . . The author of that showed a script that bracketed his window manipulation commands with a "try/end try" but I couldn't find any places to put that in the script that worked.
      >
      > Could you send me that link?

      OK -- I'll have to search for it again (it was about a half-dozen hits down.)

      > I'm sending you a copy of the new startup app, "SheepShaver-WP". It's a little bit cleaner and does more things. Could you try it? Please delete any and all copies of the Open WP Files app from your machine first.

      Thanks. I'll give it a try (probably not until tomorrow.)

      Ted
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic