7779Re: Partial success (printing now works, startup script doesn't)

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Apr 17, 2013
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "sardisson" <smokey.ardisson@...> wrote:
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "ted_m_p_lee" <tmplee@> wrote:
      > > I tried enabling access to assistive devices in the accessibility pref -- the error no longer occurs and SS does get started

      More clues. With assistive devices enabled no error occurs when I run the startup applet (SS-WP). SS gets activated, but no SS window comes up. If I run the startup applet a second time, not having touched the SS icon in the dock, the SS window comes up and shortly thereafter gets repositioned. So I think there's something amiss in the script's attempting to wait until either SS starts or its window is created. I tried adding some delays or changing the delays in the script, but that didn't help. As I've said, I know essentially nothing about scripting, so I'll have to leave it in more capable hands to figure out.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic