7672Re: WPMacApp improvements

    Feb 11, 2013
      No Script Editor needed. Move a script (with extension .scpt) into a watched folder; the folder action script can load that script into itself and run it (or any of its handlers). Works like a charm going to OSX; going to SS I have it working half the time.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "em315" wrote:

      > It doesn't seem possible for the old Mac OS Script Editor to open an AppleScript created in OS X. But there is a clumsy workaround: save the AppleScript in OS X as a text file; move the text file to SheepShaver; open the old Mac OS Script Editor and use GUI scripting to open the text file, then compile it and run it.
      >
      > The OS X AppleScript Editor is scriptable, so it can be told to open a script and save it in text format. Unfortunately, the old Mac OS Script Editor (at least in 8.6) is not scriptable so GUI scripting would be required.
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John R" wrote:
      >
      > > My next bit of research will see if this works the other way, so an OSX Applescript could send part of itself to the SheepShaver environment.
      > >
      > > John R.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic