7630Re: [wpmac] [OT] The sad state of anti-virus protection

  • John Kaufmann
    Jan 8, 2013
      Randy,

      I echo the thanks expressed for your perspective. As a one-time Windows
      programmer, I was keenly aware of exploitable flaws that simply did not
      exist in the more robust Mac system architectures. That said, I was struck
      by one of your assertions:

      In a message dated 2013-0108 20:32 -0500, Randy B. Singer wrote:
      > The Macintosh is now more secure than it has ever been.

      Ever? Was there ever malware for the pre-OSX "classic" Mac OS? [I'm not
      suggesting it was a better OS - there are many things that OSX does better
      - just that security was not an obvious motivation for the switch.]

      John K
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic