7613Re: Converting/Retrieving Old WPMac File into SheepShaver

    Dec 19, 2012
      Nearly everything in the Files section is in .sit format, and we're already using 79mb of the 100mb Yahoo gives us.

      For PDF files it may not matter on newer machines, especially with the file extension, but it might matter on older machines or within Sheepshaver, and the advantage of distribution in .sit format is it retains the Mac file information that some setups may need to open the file properly.

      I'm not sure how best to address this.

      > John,
      > Conversion Guide.pdf is posted here in a StuffIt .sit archive. OS X 10.6 doesn't have any built-in way of opening a .sit archive, so the archive opens as nonsense in TextEdit, exactly as "wpfanclub" said. Perhaps it could be posted instead either as a plain PDF or in a ZIP file?
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic