7599Re: Converting/Retrieving Old WPMac File into SheepShaver

    Dec 18, 2012
      John,

      Conversion Guide.pdf is posted here in a StuffIt .sit archive. OS X 10.6 doesn't have any built-in way of opening a .sit archive, so the archive opens as nonsense in TextEdit, exactly as "wpfanclub" said. Perhaps it could be posted instead either as a plain PDF or in a ZIP file?

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John R" wrote:

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "wpfanclub" wrote:

      I tried downloading the Conversion guides here (under "Files") but they open (in Mac OSX 10.6.8) as TextEdit gobbledygook.

      Conversion Guide.pdf opens as a PDF file here. Everything in the Files Conversions folder opens as it should under OS 10.6.

      I have my old WPMac file on my desktop and have tried to open it through SheepShaver (SS does not "see" the doc on my desktop). When I click on the document while SheepShaver is running I get an error message to the effect that I can't open the doc because it is "not in the shared folder/files."

      See the "Using SheepShaver and WP" readme for discussion of the Unix disk/Documents folder.