7576Re: [wpmac] Adding tildes to characters in Wordperfect

  • Doug Auwarter
    Dec 11, 2012
      I don't know what the problem is. I've been doing this in WP in
      Classic for years and I just checked on my Macbook Pro with the
      MacApp in Sheepshaver and it works beautifully. (I often write in
      Portuguese.)
      Here's the how-to:
      for a tilde, type option-n and then whatever letter you want, like �,
      �, etc.
      for a circumflect, type option-i and then the letter - �, �, etc.
      for and accent, type option-e and then the letter for �, �, �, �, �.
      for a grave accent, type option-grave accent in the upper left part
      of the keyboard and then the letter giving you �.
      for a cedilha, simply type option-c and you get �.
      Maybe you can even copy and paste from this message.
      Best,
      Doug