7547Re: Managing legal captions with WordPerfect when switching to a Mac

  • kd4vs
    Nov 26, 2012
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "mnplyches" <diostarcraft@...> wrote:

      > Hey all,
      >
      > This is my first post in this group, and I'd like to begin by saying thank you for letting me join! :)
      >
      > I have a very specific problem that I'm hoping you fine folks here could set straight.
      >
      > I'm working as a legal assistant in a small law office, and we are making the transition to Macs. All well and good, except that the majority of our files and folders are in the .wpd format. We've had Windows XP running with Wordperfect 10 on there, which is what the office has used for years.
      >
      > Now that we are switching to Macs, none of us are interested in keeping the .wpd format, as we would be using MS Office for Mac 2011. We want to convert the Wordperfect documents to Word .doc files, for maximum compatibility.
      >
      > I've got a couple questions involving this. The first is, can anyone recommend a good method to batch convert the files while perserving the caption of wordperfect files? I've tried a couple with Windows, but they haven't worked so well. [....]

      Hello, and welcome to the group.

      As your firm proceeds with its transition to the Mac platform, you may have other Mac-related questions that are off-topic for this group, but that are on-topic for the other one.

      With best regards,

      J.J. McVeigh
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic