7510[wpmac] Re: How To Adjust Mac To 256 Colors When Running SheepShaver

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Nov 15, 2012
      At 03:43 +0000 16.11.2012, John R wrote:

      >In both WPMacApp and SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install, the Monitors
      >and Sound control panel is present but disabled. Go to Control
      >Panels > Extensions Manager, enable that control panel, and restart.

      It is enabled for me, but that is because I performed separate
      SheepShaver and OS installations.

      >I forget why I disabled it in my package, but suspect I was worried
      >about a conflict with the separate Sound control panel, which
      >SheepShaver needs. I don't see a conflict at this point, though.
      >Anyone know a reason to have M & S disabled?

      I have detected no conflicts.

      >For that matter, is there a reason not to run SS/WP in 256 colors in
      >the first place? The screen would be faster.

      Agreed, the only reason not to do that I can foresee is if a
      particular program needs more than 256 colors. For the primary
      programs that I run under SheepShaver and OS 9.0.4 (WordPerfect,
      Timeslips, and Touchbase Pro), 256 colors should be fine. Just for
      laughs, I tried launching an old version of Photoshop that I have (v.
      5.0 LE), and it does in fact run. That program would probably want
      more than 256 colors.

      With best regards,
      --
      John Joseph McVeigh