7463Re: New version of US$19 WPD Wizard on the App Store

  • mxytsplyk
    Sep 30, 2012
      I have the iPhone version:

      Itʻs limited in presenting a document; formatted text only, no graphics and no boxed text are displayed.

      What it will do, though, is convert a document. Iʻve been able to push a document to PDF Write (again, sans the graphics & boxed text) with the text retaining much of itʻs font, size, color and style.

      > A few days ago a new version of the commercial WP file viewer WPD Wizard got posted on the App Store. It's a major improvement over the first version, and seems to me the best WP viewer for the Mac. It still has the same limitations that all WP viewers have if they're based on the wpd2html code in libwpd - in other words, comments, headers, footnotes, etc., are lumped together at the end of the displayed file - but it has a spacious display with thumbnail images like those in Preview and opens any WP file, including password-protected files created by WPMac or WPDOS/Win through version 5.1 - if you know the password already. It doesn't open password-protected files created by version 6 or later.
      > The basic functions are the same as those in my free WP Viewer (recently updated to open password-protected WPMac files), here
      > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPViewer.zip
      > but the WPD Wizard produces better-looking output and is more convenient to use. Recommended to anyone willing to spend a few dollars on it.
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic