7423Re: [wpmac] Can't open WPMacApp on PowerBook G4 running OS 10.5.8

    Sep 9 6:46 PM
      How well did this advice work?

      I think that most Sheepshaver development has been done on Intel machines, for that architecture, although some releases have been universal. Less attention has been paid to SS for PPC -- which would be useful, essentially, only for a PPC machine running Leopard, as the OP has. Some SS builds run better on PPC and, if the OP has any difficulty with the latest build, trying a couple of others might be fruitful.

      Could you let us know if you find an SS build that runs especially well on PPC? Thanks.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, David Barnett <dmbarnett@...> wrote:

      > Is it possible that the version of sheepshaver you have is Intel only?
      > You can tell by doing "get info" on the sheepshaver application file.
      > It probably says "Intel". The latest released "Universal" binary is
      > at:
      >
      > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ronaldpr/sheepsha ... 120211.zip
      >
      > It should be safe to substitute this one for whatever you are trying to run.
      >
      > David
      >
      > On 28 July 2012 22:25, bcowley360 <bcowley360@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > I have been happy with OS 10.4 for some time. Unfortunately, I now have to run software that requires OS 10.5. Recently installed 10.5.8 and have obviously lost Classic (sigh). Ultimately will try to install Sheep Saver, so I can run legacy OS 9 apps, but I really need WP Mac. Excited to see WPMacApp (many thanks to creator) and downloaded it. The online documentation indicated that this is what I should use if I'm running OS 10.5.8 on a PPC machine. But when I try to open it, I get "You can't open the application "WPMacApp.app" because it is not supported on this architecture. Makes me think it only runs on Intel-based Macs, but online documentation suggests otherwise. Any suggestions regarding how to make it run on my PowerBook G4? I have scoured all the online documentation I can find.
      > > Many thanks and apologies in advance for this "simple" question.
      > > BDC

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic