7385Disk First Aid at Sheepshaver startup (was: WPMacApp updated to latestÂ…)

    Aug 6, 2012
      This isn't related to SS version; I have a startup script in Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install that runs Disk First Aid (multiple times if another program interrupts it) and then quits DFA unless an error is found, and then opens WP.

      To stop the check, quit DFA and open WP, just press the Return key.

      I included this check since I think it's worthwhile, but if you don't like it, use Extensions Manager to disable "SS Startup" in the Startup Items folder, or just move the script out of the folder in the Finder. Don't move the other script, "~OSX > SS Transfer", since doing so will disable other functionality.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Queryist" <ronfradkin@...> wrote:

      > Running Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on an Intel Mini, using SS2.3 with OS9.0.4 -- my main complaint is that it runs Disk First Aid every time I open SS. Does SS2.4 fix that problem? Also, I read somewhere that it's easier to print with SS2.4; is that true? If not, I guess I'll just stick with SS2.3.
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic