7368Re: Can't open WPMacApp on PowerBook G4 running OS 10.5.8

    Jul 29, 2012
      I had forgotten that I had already posted a version that I believe should work on PowerPC machines. It's not quite as up-to-date as the current version, but I hope it may be what you're looking for. The link is here:

      https://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WPMacPPC%20Installer.dmg

      Please let us know whether it works on your system. If it does, I'll update my documentation to include this link.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "bcowley360" <bcowley360@...> wrote:

      > I have been happy with OS 10.4 for some time. Unfortunately, I now have to run software that requires OS 10.5. Recently installed 10.5.8 and have obviously lost Classic (sigh). Ultimately will try to install Sheep Saver, so I can run legacy OS 9 apps, but I really need WP Mac. Excited to see WPMacApp (many thanks to creator) and downloaded it. The online documentation indicated that this is what I should use if I'm running OS 10.5.8 on a PPC machine. But when I try to open it, I get "You can't open the application "WPMacApp.app" because it is not supported on this architecture. Makes me think it only runs on Intel-based Macs, but online documentation suggests otherwise. Any suggestions regarding how to make it run on my PowerBook G4? I have scoured all the online documentation I can find.
      > Many thanks and apologies in advance for this "simple" question.
      > BDC

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic