7194Re: WP docs altered by SS - can we open them with the lates version og libreoffice?

    Jan 25, 2012
      I think you may have been hoping to get a practical answer to your question, so here's an attempt to provide one.

      There is a bad bug in LibreOffice 3.4.x that prevents it from recognizing WPMac 3.5 enhanced (WP4 format) documents. That's what causes the problem you described.

      Delete LibreOffice 3.4 from your disk. Go back to the LibreOffice site, and download LibreOffice 3.3.4 for the Mac. Your files will open as you expect them to.

      I don't know if this bug is fixed in the forthcoming LibreOffice 3.5, but 3.3.4 will get the job done until the bug is fixed in a future version.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "John" <sarmientolegal@...> wrote:

      > hi folks just upgraded to new 27 imacs in our office, so cannot use Classic anymore. have many wp docs that we need to convert to a new format, as we have tried to use SS and it's too buggy and unstable for our taste, with a shaky cursor and a blue, fuzzy background that is hard on the eyes. however, we noticed that somehow SS has now changed all the wp docs in our files to WP4 format, which libreoffice is not recognizing. any ideas as to how we can open/convert these altered wp docs to libreoffice Writer format? or do we need to uninstall SS to reverse the format change? thanks much for any suggestions you may have.
      >
      > jc
      >
      > john carlos sarmiento
      > attorney at law
      > san francisco, california