7118Re: Change Unix folder location in WPMacAppliance

    Nov 18 8:10 AM
      I've now posted a new version of the WPMacApp Appliance that lets you select any folder as the "Unix" folder in SheepShaver, in case you don't want to use the default, which is to use your Documents folder.

      To use this option, temporarily add the word "Setup" to the name of the WPMacApp application - so that the name is "WPMacApp Setup" or "Setup this thing please" or anything else that includes "Setup." It will prompt you to select a folder to use as the Unix folder in SheepShaver. After SheepShaver starts up, and you have confirmed that the new folder has been selected, then you can change the name of the application back to "WPMacApp" or whatever else you want to call it. The important thing is to remove "Setup" from its name so that it won't keep prompting you to select a Unix folder each time it starts.

      If you want to choose a different Unix folder at another time, then just add the string "Setup" to the name again.

      This is the first time I've sent this revised version out in public, so it may have problems that I'm not aware of. But it seems to work as intended.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Dave Green <DaveG56313@...> wrote:
      > Ahh, there it is. Thanks.
      > On November 16, 2011, at 9:45 PM, em315 wrote:
      > > The WPMac App application is an Applescript bundle. Right-click; choose Show Package Contents. Go: Contents->Resources->Scripts.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic