7066Re: [wpmac] PPC Apps in Lion?

  • Chad Smith
    Oct 23, 2011
      I get the decision to stop supporting OS 9.

      I even understand licensing issues with Rosetta.

      But since Apple designs the hardware and the software ... including the
      firmware... they could easily make it possible - if they wanted to - to
      install whatever flavor of OS X you wanted. As has been pointed out, you
      can still install Windows or Linux. It *HAS TO* be a purposeful action by
      Apple to limit user choice. There's no way around it. Windows XP is over
      10 years old, and it runs on any Intel Mac. Any "Firmware issue" i created
      by Apple - on purpose.

      And that decision is one I am 100% against. It doesn't even make sense to me
      if I look at Apple as nothing but a greedy corporation. If I have bought a
      brand new Mac, I have, included in that price, paid the license fee for
      Lion. Whether or not I use that OS is up to me. They got their money. And
      it is very likely I paid for the license for the older OS X as well. But by
      limiting the choice, they prevent even the possibility of anyone buying a
      license of Snow Leopard from Apple to run on my late 2011 Mac. It's just
      stupid no matter how I look at it.

      *- Chad W. Smith*
      *"I like a man who's middle name is W."*
      President George W. Bush - February 10, 2003 bit.ly/gwb-dubya