7055Re: [wpmac] PPC Apps in Lion?

  • Chad Smith
    Oct 21, 2011
      Thanks everyone

      The news is quite disappointing, but I do appreciate the insight. Thank you
      for taking the time and effort to explain the situation so well.

      It sounds like the best option, (although not great), is dual booting Lion
      and Snow Leopard. It's disappointing to have to do that. However, it's
      even more disappointing that because of Apple's desire to control
      everything, you can't emulate it on top of Lion, like you can with say Linux
      or Windows, (VMWare Fusion / Parallels Desktop / QEMU / Bochs / etc.).

      Thanks again, everyone. If anyone does have some better news, or better
      ideas, please share them.

      I just want to clarify something that Ed said - so brand new Macs that ship
      with Lion will not run other OSes? Even if I wipe the hard drive or put in
      a new hard drive, I can't install any other OS? Is that limited to just
      older versions of Mac OS X, or does that mean no Boot Camp, no Windows, no
      Linux, etc.? If so, that severely lowers my chances of ever buying a new

      Chad W. Smith
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic