6995Re: OLD WP files -unable to open/convert due to password protection- HELP!

    Sep 2, 2011
      Do you actually know the password that was used to protect the files? If so, download this converter:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/271144/WP%20Converter.zip

      Remove it from the ZIP file, and drop a file on it. You will be prompted to enter the password. (Enter the password within a few seconds, or the whole thing may lock up.)

      If you don't know the password, you will need to search for password cracking programs for WPMac files.

      By the way, I think you are referring to "LibreOffice" (not "Libre"), but maybe you're referring to "WPLO Converter", so I'm not clear if you're trying to use "WP Converter" or "WPLO Converter". Could you please clarify which one you mean? The link in the second paragraph of THIS message helps you download "WP Converter." But please clarify the EXACT names of the programs you have been using.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, mr.longpants <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > currently using Snow Leopard (10.6.8) on a Macbook Pro -
      >
      > i have some OLD WP 2.1.3 (from 1999) files, which, on this Intel processor, are unreadable "exec" files. After HOURS of internet searching, I finally found I was able to open many of them using Libre and "WP convertor" ----all except the most important ones, which are "password protected" .
      >
      > does anyone have a way that i can crack the password on the "exec" files so that i can retrieve the information within?

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic