6940Re: [wpmac] Regular maintenance for OSX/SheepShaver (was: Copying to Sheepshaver)

    Jul 1, 2011
      Dear All

      Did the lot and no effect. I can still copy out from WP, but not into
      WP. Nor, for that matter, any other OS 8.6 program - SimpleText will not
      paste from OSX. Worse. I can no longer copy out from ShSh programmes
      into OSX programmes. It's not the end of the world, but it's iritating

      Geoff

      Geoff Gilbert
      Professor of Law
      Head of the School of Law
      School of Law and Human Rights Centre
      University of Essex
      Wivenhoe Park
      Colchester
      CO4 3SQ

      Tel: +44 (0)1206 872557
      Fax: +44 (0)1206 873428
      Email: geoff (for those outside the University, add @ followed by essex.ac.uk)

      On 28/06/2011 04:59, John R wrote:
      > Rebuilding the SheepShaver desktop is a good idea, say once a month if no problems have developed. Also, since OSX is so reliable, we forget that restarting maybe once every two weeks is a good idea.
      >
      > I also run Verify Startup Disk, in the Files section here, once a week. I've automated it with Macaroni, a scheduling utility, and there are others.
      >
      > And I run Onyx, a free OSX troubleshooting utility, about once a month.
      >
      > Geoff, one or more of these may fix the problem copying to SheepShaver.
      >

      >> Have you tried rebuilding the Sheepshaver Desktop?
      >>

      >> The script is in the WordPerfect -> Utilities Folder.
      >>
      > And I've just added Desktop Reset.sit to the Files section here, for use with SheepShaver and OS 9 machines. For those on OSX Classic, go to System Preferences> Classic and rebuild the Classic desktop there.
      >
      > John R.
      >

      >> Joe
      >>

      >> Sent from my iPhone
      >>
      > On Jun 26, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Geoff Gilbert<Geoff@...> wrote:
      >

      >>> No, straightforward plain text from TextEdit

      > .

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic