6934Regular maintenance for OSX/SheepShaver (was: Copying to Sheepshaver)

    Jun 27, 2011
      Rebuilding the SheepShaver desktop is a good idea, say once a month if no problems have developed. Also, since OSX is so reliable, we forget that restarting maybe once every two weeks is a good idea.

      I also run Verify Startup Disk, in the Files section here, once a week. I've automated it with Macaroni, a scheduling utility, and there are others.

      And I run Onyx, a free OSX troubleshooting utility, about once a month.

      Geoff, one or more of these may fix the problem copying to SheepShaver.

      > Have you tried rebuilding the Sheepshaver Desktop?

      >The script is in the WordPerfect -> Utilities Folder.

      And I've just added Desktop Reset.sit to the Files section here, for use with SheepShaver and OS 9 machines. For those on OSX Classic, go to System Preferences > Classic and rebuild the Classic desktop there.

      John R.

      On Jun 26, 2011, at 11:33 PM, Geoff Gilbert <Geoff@...> wrote:

      >> No, straightforward plain text from TextEdit
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic