6850new release of WP Spotlight & QuickLook Plug-ins

  • gero_herrmann
    Apr 30, 2011
      I just released version 3.1 of the Spotlight & QuickLook plug-ins. The QuickLook previews should be more accurate now, largely thanks to a new libwpd version (0.9.1).

      http://homepage.mac.com/herr

      Under Spotlight, text boxes and comments for non-Mac WP documents are now indexed. For WP Mac 2.1 to 4.0 files I retained the previous engine because it is about 170 times faster than libwpd. However, this could be changed depending on how important text boxes and non-Western scripts are as weighed against the indexing speed.

      Also, if there is interest for Leopard Intel or Leopard/Tiger PPC support, that could also be changed depending on the needs.

      Gero H.
    • Show all 36 messages in this topic