6819[wpmac] Re: What is WordPerfect Mac 4?

  • topcatdrc
    Apr 13, 2011
      Dear Group:

      I do remember reading that the Mac file system - original HFS ! - had a four character limitation in it. The extension (in today's OS X) and the old file type (creator was different??) is usually, up to, four (single-byte) characters.

      Therefor, the WPD4 seems to me an excellent choice.

      Now, the problem is to get "the rest of us" (the world) to go along with it! Converters / exporters / importers to / from WPD4 etc.

      Thomas Clayton