      From: em315 <em315@...>
      To: wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sat, April 9, 2011 10:21:39 AM
      Subject: [wpmac] Re: What is WordPerfect Mac 4?

      I suppose my own feeling is that it's perhaps best to avoid confusion by leaving
      programs with their original names. WordPerfect for the Mac 3.5 Enhanced is what
      the rest of the world calls it, and it may muddy the waters a bit to call it
      something else, no matter how sensible that something else may be. (And the
      replacement Declaration-of-Independence splash screen might raise eyebrows when
      seen in a Canadian product like Corel WPMac, or anywhere outside the USA....)

      Are you thinking of modifying the actual file format so that it automatically
      adds an extension, as in OS X or Windows? That's an impressive change. (WPDOS
      never had a default file extension; that was introduced only for Windows.) It
      might be worth keeping in mind that .WP4 might confuse others into thinking it
      was referring to WPDOS 4.x. If a file extension would have any value at all, why
      not .WP35e or .WPMac? There's no rule under OS X or Windows that says extensions
      must have three characters only. I've seen seven-character extensions.