6710Re: [ANN] Another WordPerfect to DOC/RTF/PDF converter

    Mar 2, 2011
      This reminds me of how little I know about AppleScript - thank you. I haven't added this yet, but I've posted a slightly improved version of the application that fixes the display of the status messages (no ruler bar in TextEdit if the ruler bar is turned on). Also, if you want the converted file to open automatically after it's created, you can accomplish that without editing the AppleScript - just add the word "open" to the name of the application as in (for example) "WP Convert and Open". The download link is still:

      I'll implement John's suggestion in a similar way - I'll specify a string to add to the name when you want to specify the application to use to open the converted file. But that will take a moment. (I want to figure out how to tell what the default application is...)

      > Another way to let the user specify an application to open a document is to make an initially empty script property, and then early in the run handler look to see if it's still empty; if so ask the user to specify an application, which information will then be saved with the script:
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic