6459Re: [wpmac] Thanks! [was: Re: Sheepshaver basic question]

  • Rick Albright
    Sep 2, 2010
      Thanks for the advice! I had searched Apple's site in vain for this information (I sometimes have a hard time finding things with their search function). But it was the Appleblog.com advice that really helped--some different information than what Apple's thread had.

      Bottom line: I don't want to belabor this, as I know I'm off topic for the WP group. I was able to change the IP address via the Laser Writer Printer utility (fortunately, my wife's PPC machine can run Classic). I tried various protocols, but it was finally the Line Printer Daemon that succeeded. So now I can print directly to the IP address. (I could actually print before via using the PPC machine as a print server, but that meant the other Mac had to be running and awake, which wasn't always convenient.)

      Thanks again. This list is an amazing resource.

      Rick Albright

      On Aug 28, 2010, at 11:58 PM, em315 wrote:

      > Here's someone who describes exactly how to print to a LaserWriter 16/600 from Snow Leopard:
      >
      > http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2073321&tstart=0&start=15
      >
      > And another version of the same basic instructions:
      >
      > http://theappleblog.com/2009/09/04/how-to-resurrect-your-appletalk-printer-in-snow-leopard/
      >
      > Once you've got that set up, you can even print directly from SheepShaver; see many posts in the forum at www.emaculation.com
      >
      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Rick Albright <logres@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Now if I could only get Snow Leopard to "see" my LaserWriter 16/600 PS printer! It had been set up via AppleTalk on my PPC machine (I connect via the ethernet port,

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic