6449Re: Sheepshaver basic question

  • jrethorst
    Aug 27, 2010
      Most of my reply somehow got cut off and I just noticed it. I would want to be more helpful than just say "see other posts . . ." :-)

      Double-clicking a file in the OSX folder you've designated as the SheepShaver Unix/transfer folder (normally the Documents folder of the Home folder), and having it open in WP in SS, is accomplished by the "Open WP Files OSX" droplet, which comes with both the SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install and WPMacPPC Installer.

      Do a Get Info on a WP file in OSX that's in your transfer folder. If necessary, change the Open With application to Open WP Files. Apply that to all files (you may need to be logged on as an administrator to do this).

      If that doesn't fix it, download the Onyx utility from the Links section here and run the Reset Launch Services option.

      John R.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, jrethorst <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Rick Albright <logres@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is a stupid question,
      >
      > No it's not.
      >
      > > but . . . when I first installed Sheepshaver (my system is 10.6.4), I could open WordPerfect files just fine. All of a sudden, I can't. If I double-click on the file icon, I get an OSX error message saying the Classic environment isn't supported. If I launch sheepshaver and WordPerfect, I can't "see" any files not in the Sheepshaver desktop. But I also can't copy or move any files to that desktop.
      > >
      > > I didn't have this problem before. What am I missing? I can't find any instructions that relate to this on the site. I've been trying to search the message database all evening for an answer and keep getting this message: "Search server is busy (code=300). Please try again later."
      >
      > See other posts for specific issues.

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic