6402Re: WP startup difficulty

  • jrethorst
    Jul 12, 2010
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas J. Rostafinski, Ph.D." <TJRostaf@...> wrote:

      > Today I ran the Verify function in ATM and found a few problematic
      > fonts, and removed them. One was in the System Folder. I just now
      > restarted SS using that latest 25 Oct 2009 build, then restated WP, and
      > it started without a hitch, and hopefully will continue to work. John,
      > you have again found the problem and saved the day.

      Tom, your report here that SymLink worked with SheepShaver was major news, since we now have seamless access from the SS/Unix disk to our entire OSX hard disk(s). Thanks for your kind words, but I think we're both just doing right by WP.

      > BTW, I had to stop using the Adobe PS driver some time ago. It tended
      > to stop SS in its tracks -- SS would either freeze, or just quit without
      > warning. LW8 has worked well for me ever since.

      There seems to have been enough trouble with the Adobe driver that I'm thinking of just leaving it out of the next SS/WP build, in favor of LW8. The latter does require the single extra step of choosing Print to File, and I don't know how to hack the driver to make that the default. Would any of the tech-savvy people here like to look at it? A copy is in the Files section here, as LaserWriter_8.6.1.smi.bin.