6400Re: WP startup difficulty

  • jrethorst
    Jul 10, 2010
      I have not had this difficulty, although I am starting to wonder in general about the 25 Oct 2009 build, apparently done by someone over at emaculation.com without a lot of experience.

      It may be because I created the disk image in the current SS-WP install with SheepShaver Prefs rather than Disk Utility, but I can no longer check the image (with SheepShaver not running of course) with Disk Utility. It starts a check and immediately returns the error "Unrecognized file system".

      I'm still troubleshooting the Adobe driver, without much luck, and am going to try an earlier SS build next. If I can figure out the problem here, I might be able to fix envelope printing.

      Tom, I wonder if a corrupted font may be the culprit on your machine. I don't know why Clarisworks 4 would then work, unless it does less of a font check on startup than WP does. Do you have WP set to show fonts in the menu as they actually appear ("Graphic Font Menu" in Prefs > Environment)? If so, try disabling that option.

      John R.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic