6389Re: [wpmac] Printing in SheepShaver

  • Steve Kane
    Jul 3, 2010
      I installed the Chooser you uploaded into the Apple Menu Items folder.
      The LaserWriter 8 driver was not in the Extensions folder, but I
      happen to have a copy of LaserWriter 8.7.3 so I put it in the
      Extensions folder.

      I launched the Chooser holding down the command and option keys to
      clear it's cache and selected the LaserWriter 8. It complained about
      AppleTalk not being on and not being available, but accepted the change.

      I am not in the office where my printer is so I could not fully test
      printing, but attempting to print did not crash SheepShaver; just gave
      a polite message about failing to print, offering to cancel, hold, or
      try again.

      There is now a desktop printer icon for my networked Canon MX850,
      which I don't think was there before. The MX850 is the printer
      selected in the Mac OS X Print & Fax System Pane.

      Thank you, John, I'll bet it will work now.

      MacBook, 10.5.8

      On Jul 3, 2010, at 8:21 PM, jrethorst wrote:

      > It should be in the Apple menu. I've put a zipped copy of the file in
      > Files > Temporary_Items here.
      >
      > John R.
      >

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Steve Kane <skane-l@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> The Chooser appears to be missing. Where should I be looking for it?
      >> It is not under the Apple Menu, nor in Extensions, nor in Control
      >> Panels.
    • Show all 20 messages in this topic