6380Re: [wpmac] Re:[OT] Long an Upstart, Apple Plays New Role: Goliath (NY Times)

  • David Schmalz
    Jun 26, 2010
      Since this off-topic topic is so popular, I'll mention that I
      alleviated my Flash problems on my PPC Mac by installing a program
      called Clicktoflash. It was a free download, as I recall. Whenever
      Flash content appears on a page, it just has a button instead of the
      content. If you want to see it, you click the button. It sure makes
      web pages filled with ads load faster, and it cuts way down on
      crashes. For sites like YouTube, it also presents the option of
      viewing the videos in H.264 instead of Flash.

      David