6170Re: [wpmac] [ANN] Automatic, plug-and-play SheepShaver install

    Jan 18, 2010
      Exactly which version of WordPerfect are you trying to use? You mentioned F8, which is the underline key in WordPerfect for DOS, so I *think* you may mean WordPerfect for DOS, but please let us know if you mean WordPerfect for Windows or WordPerfect for DOS.

      Either way, if you are not technically expert, you are probably going to have to buy VMware Fusion (or Parallels Desktop, but Fusion is probably easier to work with) and a copy of Windows XP, and go through the whole procedure of installing it. This forum is definitely not the place to ask about that procedure; you should visit the help forums devoted to VMware Fusion or Parallels; they are accessible through the web sites of each program itself.

      If you are trying to run WordPefect for DOS 5.1 or 6.something, then you should also consult this page:

      http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/wpdosmac.html

      The bad news is that there is NO - repeat NO - simple way to install WordPerfect for DOS or Windows on a Mac. The good news is that once you have it set up, it will continue to work smoothly.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Ricki Tannen <rickitannen@...> wrote:

      > Could you be more specific as to how to install this? I have been a wp user
      > for twenty years, since 4.2 and am writing a book using an old laptop and
      > not my Mac because of not being able to use WP.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic