6167Re: [wpmac] [ANN] Automatic, plug-and-play SheepShaver install

  • Ricki Tannen
    Jan 18, 2010
      Could you be more specific as to how to install this? I have been a wp user
      for twenty years, since 4.2 and am writing a book using an old laptop and
      not my Mac because of not being able to use WP. I tried to install the
      sheepsaver and the other suggestions to no avail. Now I am told I have to
      buy a new Windows operating system to install on the Mac in order to run
      Fusion or Parrallels. Is there no other way that is simple. I did manage to
      partition the drive through bootcamp, but I am not a It guru, just want to
      use the word processor I know. Neo-office or Open Office is missing so many
      of the things I like about wordperfect, the F-8 key, the thesaurus window,
      revell codes. I don't have to explain, I know.

      But I need a Step 1, Step 2, Step 3 kind of instruction to try and make it
      work. I have been a windows user for many years but have been taken over by
      the Mac's reliability and elegance. But I still write on an old laptop which
      has wp and then convert to word or PDF to share.

      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks, Ricki Tannen
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic