6112Re: [wpmac] Re: Free Word?

  • geoffrey mendelson
    Dec 1, 2009
      On Dec 1, 2009, at 9:06 PM, Geoff Gilbert wrote:

      > Hey, remember when this was a WordPerfect discussion group?

      Keeping it on topic, WordPerfect had some predatory pricing too. They
      at various times offered "competitive" upgrades, which meant if you
      had a competing product, you could buy a complete copy (with
      upgradable license) for $25. You did not even have to hand in your
      competing product to do it.

      The other one they did is to extend commercial licenses to home users.
      If you had a regular licensed product at work (or your place of
      business), you could legally "take home" a copy and use it there.

      Microsoft adopted both polices to keep up. AFAIK they have since
      dropped both, but the "Student and Home Edition" of Office includes
      the right to install it on three systems in your home.

      Since we are trying to discuss both WordPerfect on the Mac and current
      Corel strategy, has anyone tried to install the latest WordPerfect for
      Windows using Crossover?

      Geoff.

      Though on this list I should probably sign it:

      Geoff (no relation to any other Geoff or Mendelson on the list.)

      :-)

      --
      geoffrey mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
      Jerusalem Israel geoffreymendelson@...