6109Free Word?

  • walther2232
    Dec 1, 2009
      Yes, Microsoft did "give" Word away.
      Specifically, to anyone who bought certain models of Compaq machines, and less than a decade ago. My copy is Word 2002 and the CD states "for distribution with a new machine only".
      Never did install it. I use Word 2000 which came under a University licence, and then because the University rules were MS only (the word 'only' should be in Caps, but I don't like shouting.
      BTW, I did find that WP6 for Windows will run on my wife's machine under XP Professional (so I can still have Reveal Codes under windows)