6095Re: [wpmac] Corel Bought Out

    Nov 30, 2009
      I was already writing for PC Magazine in those days - the copy of Word that got given away was a demo that wouldn't save or print, so you couldn't use it for any work. I remember finding a French version in a French computer magazine too. I suppose it's possible to call that "giving away a copy of Word" but it was a copy that couldn't save or print, so there wasn't much that you could do with it.