      From: Edward Mendelson <em315@...>
      Subject: [wpmac] Re: SS wont start for the first time
      To: wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thursday, August 6, 2009, 6:22 AM

      --- In wordperfectmac@ yahoogroups. com, "J. C. Sarmiento" <sarmientolegal@ ...> wrote:

      > hi folks - i finally gota beautiful new intel imac 24" and have downloaded ss and related files per the links in our discussion group. i set ss preferences as guided by the material in these links but when i try to launch ss so i can install os9 it just doesnt happen. i fiddled with and refined all entries in preferences but no dice. am using an old g4 os 9.04 cd so i dont think thats the problem. can anyone suggest any steps i can take to resolve the issue? i would be forever grateful.

      The links section here contains a fully-equipped installation of SheepShaver with an older version of the Mac OS. If you're trying to install a later version (9.0.4, for example), you'll get much better advice at the SheepShaver- specific forum at:

      http://www.emaculat ion.com/forum/

      My guess is that you'll be told there you need a generic, commercial 9.0.x installation disk, and that you can't install 9.0.x on SheepShaver from an installation disk supplied with a G4 or any other machine. But that forum is by far the best place to find answers to this kind of question.